Forum

HRM Online forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 16 Mar 2017, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A growing Canadian start-up says it’s sorry for cancelling one candidate’s interview after she asked about wages and benefits
  • Kellie | 16 Mar 2017, 12:21 PM Agree 0
    Years ago, we thought it bad form for someone to ask too early about wages and benefits but in today's world it is an appropriate question because you have to know if you can survive on what the job pays and what, if any benefits there are. It may send the wrong message in the mind of the company interviewing candidates but it should not cancel out an interview when a person had obviously made it to a second stage. Possibly identifying the salary and benefits following an initial interview could correct this because if the wages won't satisfy the candidates, everyone is wasting their time. If there is some flexibility in wages based on the experience level coming in, then state what the base is and also that there may be some room for negotiation so the person knows if they are going to be able to manage financially on what is being offered.
    • Wendy Robertson | 20 Mar 2017, 05:00 PM Agree 0
      Agreed. When I worked for a local college, in their HR Dept. , I had the highest acceptance rate of the 4 HR Consultants and was quizzed by "what I was doing that the others weren't". Their arguments for not discussing money during preliminary phone interviews was that the information was already posted on the internet. However, there were a lot of their candidates who had questions about interpretation and once a candidate is disappointed by a salary offer, there is no turning back!
Post a reply