Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 27 May 2014, 09:49 AM Agree 0

A recent Court of Appeal decision offers HR insight into the pros and cons of appealing a case that didn’t go the employer’s way.
  • Carrin | 27 May 2014, 02:58 PM Agree 0
    I'm not certain if this individual was younger, but I too am disgusted at times when my young daughter comes home from her job at Montana's (franchised restaurant) and tells me how the people are treated. The name calling, the sitting them until it gets busy, and in most cases not letting them start their shift, cutting there hours because they are over the labour budget for the night, but still having them work off the clock.

Bullies come in all different sizes and these large corporations need to make sure that employees are not afraid to make the corporate office aware. If anyone works for the Corporate Montana's take a good look at the Ajax store.

Good for this individual that took it all the way!

• Corette Miller | 28 May 2014, 12:52 PM Agree 0
    Bullying in the workforce is now covered under ON's OHSA...any employee may simply place a complaint with the Ministry of Labour, they would do an investigation.
    Such franchises, like Montana's, think that they are exempt from such legislation and that part-time staff are not applicable to such laws..
  • Military Man | 13 Jan 2015, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    If you are harassed at workplace and want suitable remedy, keep notes/records of each and every event (date, time etc). Keep supervisor/manager informed. The chronological records will strengthen your case.
  • Rob | 09 Mar 2017, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    This article proves there are two different thoughts in Canada and Ontario. The beliefe is if you are a multi milloinair you can make claims in the millions for almost nothing. Yet a worker who in most cases have not seen a million dollars in their life. No matter how patheticly abusive the multi million air is to their employees in their improper treatment of employees. No worker deserves a million dollar legal award. I am an employee in arbitration with such pathetic employer it is a school board intentionally abusing me while knowing the medical issues they have caused. The comments of the Mcsorley Hamilton Stewart lawyer is pathetic and belittling to the worker. But I will be taking one of their lawyers to task so they try to interfere in cases by making comments to pathetic court of appeal decissions like the one mentioned above. I will be taking them for more than amilluon dollars.
    Thank you
    Rob
Post a reply