Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 27 Apr 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The female CEO of a global beverage company has spoken out about the difficulties of juggling home and work.
  • mark | 27 Apr 2016, 09:36 AM Agree 0
    It's tough. If you are great, losing you for a year impacts the company. Daycares nearby is the first solution.
  • Yasmin | 27 Apr 2016, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    Yes I agree that it all depend on the choices we make in life. I personally always chose my children and my family life over my career. Though I don't have a high profile job, but very satisfied and contented. Over the period of time I love my choices and my sacrifice of my career.
  • JHT | 28 Apr 2016, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    It strikes me that rather than convey a warning to be careful of the choices ( remember the prior generations told us to stay home ) you should put your energy into helping create flexibility to enable parents to be top performers but still get to soccer practices, parent teacher interviews, help with homework and have real time with their kids.
    My kids and now young adults respected that I worked outside the home. Let's share solutions not regrets
  • Charlene | 02 May 2016, 09:03 AM Agree 0
    How is this news? Is it only so because a high profile woman complained about it? Men deal with this everyday as well, but nothing is ever written about it.
  • Bano | 03 May 2016, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    I think men and women are not same, We can not compare apples vs oranges. Men don't have the responsibility of household, and raising kids to the extent mothers have. Women faces more problems when it comes to balancing career and personal life.
Post a reply