Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 30 May 2013, 12:02 AM Agree 0
There’s no doubt the generation gap is hurting organizations and employees – what are you doing that your Gen Y workers hate and how can you change?
  • gen y | 30 May 2013, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    All we are looking for is a purpose to the work we do
  • An Expat | 30 May 2013, 01:53 PM Agree 0
    All this sounds good if unemployment is low. But it's not!

Gen Y - Be careful watch what you ask for or you may find your options "totally open".
  • An Expat | 30 May 2013, 05:23 PM Agree 0
    Regardless of what you think, every generation before you thought they needed a purpose in their lives or work.

You've heard of the Peace Corp? We all wanted to work for them years ago - and make a difference.

In this job market, you are lucky to have a job and it will be that way for many years to come.

This generation does have an advantage in that many of the previous generations were force to do mind numbing work which is now done by machines.
  • a different gen y | 31 May 2013, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    Everyone wanted to work for the peace corps but not that many people really did it. I think most of us just want to know the company we work for shares our values. It's not about making a difference once in a big way, it's about little differences every day. Not to mention rescue the planet, economy etc. from the shit Baby Boomers and Gen X put them through.
  • In the middle | 04 Jun 2013, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    Although there is always the talk of "over-generalizing" when referring to an entire generation, I thought this article made some good points. I would like to find some information, similar to this only that applies to dealing with a unionized workforce. It would be interesting to see if/how the younger generations have impacted collective agreements.
Post a reply