Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 04 Dec 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
Ever been asked out in an interview? Or had a request for a pay advance? It may seem ridiculous but a new list of weirdest questions shows some people have no sense of timing.
  • Kristen | 20 Feb 2013, 11:24 AM Agree 0
    Can you give me first aid, i cut myself shavin?
    The candidate was literally bleeding all over himself when he showed up to the interview.
  • Mark | 20 Feb 2013, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    "Can my mother finish my interview? I'm not feeling good"
    The candidate's mother was waiting in the lobby. FYI the candidate was in his mid 30's
  • Kara | 20 Feb 2013, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    Separate instances:

1) I'm late for my other job, can someone here give me a ride downtown?

2) Could you give me some money for the bus?

3) If I want to quit, how does that work?
  • Margot | 20 Feb 2013, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    During an interview, the candidate's boyfriend called three times asking "How long are you going to be?", "Why is it taking so long?", and "Don't you have the job yet?".
  • Mike | 20 Feb 2013, 05:06 PM Agree 0
    In an interview I was asked by the candidate where her desk would be located. She then asked if it was facing a window. When I replied that the desks face away from the windows, she asked if the company would rearrange all the desks in the department so that they faced the window. She did not get the job.
  • Linda | 20 Feb 2013, 05:43 PM Agree 0
    The question was "are you going to call me to let me know if I got the job?" maybe not so unusual. But it was his response to one of my interview questions that made me wonder why he would ask it. The position was to be a delivery driver for a healthcare company and when I asked him what he saw himself doing in the next 5 years, he smirked, half-laughed and replied "well, not being a delivery driver in your industry, that's for sure".
  • Steve | 29 Mar 2013, 04:49 PM Agree 0
    Upon being asked of our standard questions in the interview, the candidate stated he found the question irrelevant and therefore would not be answering it. The candidate did not get the job.
Post a reply