Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 16 Dec 2014, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Childish pranks and petty grudges can cripple production – says leading consultancy firm.
  • Tom from Burnaby BC | 21 Dec 2014, 02:33 PM Agree 0
    Interesting article.

An HR manager friend hired me to assess his workplace as his boss had seen and heard some things going on that disturbed him.

I assisted with an HR project for developing social fun programs that the company wanted the employees to help with and hiring outside was the best way for them to go.

Soon found that 3 employees had some conflict with the other departmental employees.

To make a long story short each employee discussed with me why the programs have never worked in a social sense because no one wanted to socialize after hours if it involved the 3 employees at odds with the rest.

I reported my findings to the company and suggested the company talk to the employees to find some positive resolution.

The company advised that the 3 employees did have some more issues that affected job performance and team projects.

One thing led to another and within a month the 3 employees were at the point of termination.

I approached them on behalf of the company and asked if they were open to options rather than justifiable termination!

Because I was a member of an employer networking group we managed to place the 3 employees with 3 separate companies and a second chance to be a better team player.

To date the 3 employees have maintained their jobs without any incidents and are better employees for accepting the change.
  • HR Consulting | 23 Dec 2014, 04:46 AM Agree 0
    Change in the business is a never-ending story these days. As business continues to grow, so will its need to adapt to changing situations and being able to survive through these changes, become that much more critical for ongoing business success.
Post a reply