Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 19 Mar 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The biggest thing affecting your bottom line could be out of your control, according to new study – but one HR manager says otherwise.
  • Katelyn | 19 Mar 2015, 04:41 PM Agree 0
    The organization that I work for is HUGE on hiring 'fit' over qualifications. Although qualifications, previous experience and education are important, we have quickly learned that even though someone may appear good on 'paper', they just don't fit in and can actually create a toxic environment for everyone else. We are a team of about 50 people, and consider each other like family. I have been able to get through some terrible weeks, even months, at work solely because I look forward to seeing 'my people' every single day.
    We regularly conduct 'peer' interviews after the more rigid hiring interview to allow our team to determine if they feel that they can work with the potential candidate. After all, you spend more time with the people you work with than your actual family.
    Loved this article!
Post a reply