Forum

HRD Canada forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
HRM CA | 02 Sep 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
An academic study has found that being a ‘token woman’ in a workplace increases anxiety and can lead to longer term poor health.
  • Steve | 02 Sep 2015, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    As the only man in a department of 10 people, I wonder if the reverse is true, where men in female-dominated workplaces are also problematic.
  • Buck Thornton | 02 Sep 2015, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    I can tell you that as a lone male in a female/feminist Human Resources department, I have learned to keep my mouth shut and be quiet, learned this in meeting when the looks were "who let the man speak", had sexual harassment from my HR boss, lived through silent treatments, heard all about facial treatments, electrolysis, waxing in meetings and the list goes on.
    Do not, ever, challenge women in the workplace. This is not acceptable as a man. This is a career limiting move.
    Universities are becoming predominantly females, especially in many arts programs. Boys who want to start male groups and boycotted and their groups attempted to be terminated.
  • Laura | 02 Sep 2015, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    It could be the type of work that they are doing in an environment that is male-dominated that's raising cortisol levels, rather than who they are working with.
Post a reply